Outdoor Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Outdoor Forums   » Fishing Forums   » Bass Fishing   » How do you get sponsors??????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you get sponsors??????
BassMaster4
Member # 2334

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BassMaster4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I am jsut wondering how did ya all get sponsors and how old do u have to be to get sponsors? Well thanks for all of ya replies!

--------------------
Good Fishing

t-bagadonuts
Member # 2187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-bagadonuts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would assume that you would have to win a few tounements, and be serious about continuing to enter tournements. I dont think age matters.
crankb8
Member # 1501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crankb8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure there is any age limit on sponsorship for anything. As to how do you get sponsorship? RECOGNITION!! Sponsors are looking for the best of the best. Someone who is going to be in front of the camera or media a lot. They pay big bucks for sponsorships and want their name to be in front of the public as much as possible. They also look for carisma and appeal. look at Jeff Gordon in Nascar for example, young, good looking, down to earth guy that happens to be a pretty darn good race driver and keeps the DUPONT name in front of the public quite a bit. In fishing, you have guys like Kevin VanDam. A very likeable guy that is a very good fisherman and is in front of the camera a lot!

That's what it's all about. Advertising dollars spent on sponsorships. And you have to be good to get recognized and for sponsors to take notice.

I have a friend who made the B.A.S.S. Wisconsin State Team and I am amazed at the offers he is getting and the deals they get as members of that team. Even Bass Cat cut him a GREAT deal on a new boat and bait mfg's are all over them. And that's about where it all starts. It's pretty cool!

Posts: 2727 | From: Wolf River in Shawano, WI  |  IP: Logged
JBJ
Member # 2004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BassMaster4
The main thing you have to be able to do is convince a prospective sponsor that you have the ability to help them increase sales. T-bag and Crankb8 are correct in that the better you do the more you will get. However, being in the national spotlight is not necessary to get sponsored at the local level. Some of the local businesses are willing to give you discounts for wearing items with their logo and/or to promote their service/product to friends and acquaintances. Currently, I am searching for a print shop to sponsor me so that I can get a discount on printing up cards, etc.
As for age it would be up to the sponsor. There are many sponsors of youth fishing organizations. Personally, I have seen letters of request for sponsorship from as young as 19. Once again, it is all in what you can do for the sponsor. If they are targeting a younger demographic with their goods, they would be willing to sponsor anglers in that age group. My recommendation would be to approach the owner or manager of any store, business, service or restaurant you patronize yourself. Especially if it is a small business that would be looking for ways to minimize their advertising dollar. Hope this is of some help in answering your question. JBJ

BassMaster4
Member # 2334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BassMaster4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You think I could get a sponsor when i don't even do tournoments? Cuz I am like on 13!

--------------------
Good Fishing

Bassmaster3
Member # 1140

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bassmaster3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol! I'm 13 also, I have done a few tournaments, and I don't have a sponsor. So you can;t have one either!

--------------------
Bassmaster3

BassMaster4
Member # 2334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BassMaster4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't I

--------------------
Good Fishing

Angler37
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angler37     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some great info on obtaining sponsors:

How To Get Sponsors

Hope that helps!

JBJ
Member # 2004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys should check out the B.A.S.S. Casting kids program. http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/s/2001/0815/1239977.html

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Bass Pro 1Source