Outdoor Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Outdoor Forums   » Fishing Forums   » Bass Fishing   » Spring Classic Reel Trade-In

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spring Classic Reel Trade-In
El Pescador
Member # 11393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Pescador         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know what the value of the reel trade-in coupons will be worth this year? I know they are based on the value of the reel you plan on PURCHASING, so will it be the same as the values in the past? Like this:
Coupon Value - New Reel Amount
$5 - $30-48.99
$10 - $49-74.99
$15 - $75-99.99
$20 - $100-119.99
$25 - $120-159.99
$30 - $160-199.99
$40 - $200-249.99
$50 - $250-499.99
$100 - $500 and up

Captain Chaos
Member # 8614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Chaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't changed for years but Shimano didn't do it last year. So....it could change.
Bassfanatic
Member # 12026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bassfanatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope Shimano participates this year [Frown]

Any early word BPS guys

FordsnFishin
Member # 14308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordsnFishin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone mind explaining too me what this is all about? I think i might of read just a sentence about this happening? Isnt it at bps? Thanks yall.
dbrev42
Member # 13377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbrev42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You basically take one of your used reels to BPS, and they give you a discount on a new reel of your choice. The reel your giving them must work. They donate the reels to kids if I remember right. Btw Catfish congrats on 1000 [Smile]
FordsnFishin
Member # 14308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordsnFishin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dbrev42:
You basically take one of your used reels to BPS, and they give you a discount on a new reel of your choice. The reel your giving them must work. They donate the reels to kids if I remember right. Btw Catfish congrats on 1000 [Smile]

Holy cow lol i didnt even notice it hit 1000!! hahahaha. thanks dude hehe. Hmm so about the reel, im guessing they just have intelligent fishing people running the thing and know what your reels worth or what? Will you get a different price for each reel? An do they accept any reels?
SenkoMan85
Member # 10023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SenkoMan85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CatfishKing2010:
quote:

Holy cow lol i didnt even notice it hit 1000!! hahahaha. thanks dude hehe. Hmm so about the reel, im guessing they just have intelligent fishing people running the thing and know what your reels worth or what? Will you get a different price for each reel? An do they accept any reels?
The reels must be in working order. It won't matter WHAT reel you bring in, the discount is based on what you are buying. Donating a Stella doesn't give you a better discount then donating a Sahara.

In the past, you could turn in as many reels in as you would like and get as many coupons as reels. You can only apply one coupon per reel purchased.

speedy
Member # 5084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for speedy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can even buy a cheap reel off the shelf and turn it in if the coupon will be worth more then the reel you bought. lots of people do that.
FordsnFishin
Member # 14308

So your saying if i brought in some cheap spincast reel i had and it still works, and wanted too buy a citica, would it make a difference if i bought a chronarch? Still bit confused sorry lol
FordsnFishin
Member # 14308

quote:
Originally posted by speedy:
you can even buy a cheap reel off the shelf and turn it in if the coupon will be worth more then the reel you bought. lots of people do that.

hmmm, so how much is the coupon usually worth? An when does this start? [Confused] lol thanks guys
dbrev42
Member # 13377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbrev42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So your saying if i brought in some cheap spincast reel i had and it still works, and wanted too buy a citica, would it make a difference if i bought a chronarch? Still bit confused sorry lol

Ok, i'll try and simplify this for ya. It does not matter what reel you trade in, it matters what reel you are going to buy.
FordsnFishin
Member # 14308

quote:
quote:

Ok, i'll try and simplify this for ya. It does not matter what reel you trade in, it matters what reel you are going to buy.
Gotchya [Wink]
dbrev42
Member # 13377

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by speedy:

hmmm, so how much is the coupon usually worth? An when does this start? [Confused] lol thanks guys
Here's a chart from last year that may help.
Clicky

FordsnFishin
Member # 14308

So does this start the same time every where? An does anyone know when this starts in St.Louis MO? Thanks again guys i believe this is my last questions lol [Smile]
MarauderYak
Member # 14976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarauderYak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what they've posted:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=206

Looks like the Classics will cover 3 weekends, and the trade-in will be on the second weekend.

Captain Chaos
Member # 8614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Chaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing about the BPS Spring Classic is .... it is a reminder that bass fishin will be turned back on in a couple months.

I usually buy a lot of stuff too......

juniorbasser
Member # 4719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for juniorbasser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I hope Shimano participates this year

Any early word BPS guys

Shimano is excluded again this year
Just4fun
Member # 4811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just4fun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SenkoMan85:
quote:
quote:

The reels must be in working order. It won't matter WHAT reel you bring in, the discount is based on what you are buying. Donating a Stella doesn't give you a better discount then donating a Sahara.

I am willing to give a MUCH better rebate to anyone that wants to donate their Stella (to me)! [Wink] [Big Grin]
Joe. S
Member # 3053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe. S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shimano has there own rebate going in lieu of the reel trade in. [Wink]
Bassfanatic
Member # 12026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bassfanatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe. S:
Shimano has there own rebate going in lieu of the reel trade in. [Wink]

Any details Joe
Planning on picking up a Stradic this Spring

Just4fun
Member # 4811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just4fun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bassfanatic,..
I believe the rebate is only for three of their baitcasters: Curado, Critica & Cruxis
(Also they must be purchased before April 30, 2008)

If you scroll down the forum topics,..there is a thread about "Quantum & Shimano Rebates"

FordsnFishin
Member # 14308

Ahhh you gotta be kiddin....Shimano doesnt do the discount thing? I was sooo planning on getting me curado with their 30 buck rebate plus the other 30 bucks!!! AHHHH dang u shimano! Guess ill just have to buy another daiwa [Big Grin] [Razz]
Bassfanatic
Member # 12026

quote:
Originally posted by Just4fun:
Bassfanatic,..
I believe the rebate is only for three of their baitcasters: Curado, Critica & Cruxis
(Also they must be purchased before April 30, 2008)

If you scroll down the forum topics,..there is a thread about "Quantum & Shimano Rebates"

Yep checked it out right after I posted no stradic [Mad]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Bass Pro 1Source