Outdoor Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Outdoor Forums   » Hunting Forums   » Archery   » Fred Bear Epic Xtreme Bow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fred Bear Epic Xtreme Bow
MossyOakWarrior
Member # 245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MossyOakWarrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I am continuously posting questions about equipment, but I need to research this stuff before I buy it by orders of the Household Purchasing Agent ( read; Wife)

Does anyone out there have,had or dealt with the Fred Bear Epic Xtreme bow. I beleive this is the bow I will be buying soon, and would like input,positive or negative.

Any other bows in the Bear/Jennings/Buckmaster lineup?

archerdude77
Member # 180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archerdude77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have never heard good things about jennings and buckmaster . i have never shot them but i have never heard people say good things about them. as for bear, they r just as good as any other bow but i wouldnt buy a bear cuz there pretty heavy for a bow but thats just my 2 sense.
Drop Tine
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drop Tine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Epic is a neat little bow but I feel it is a bit too "spongy" while at full draw.

A friend of mine has one and he had a bit of trouble with the cables wearing out. This happened below the cable guard [elbow style] at the exact point where the two cables meet.

He contacted Bear Jennings and they replaced his cables and cable guard free of charge.

I am nearly certain his bow is a '99/2000 model.

Good luck in your search.

-DT

--------------------
~~~Gut Pile Addict~~~

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Bass Pro 1Source